Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Christmas Already?!

Ok, this is just a thought I am throwing out there. Since we have an ever expanding family there have already been a few conversations about Christmas and how to approach it. Here is my idea, I have ran it by a couple of people and they all seemed to like it. Here is the idea: Everyone gives to mom and dad (aka Jim and Sandy), and in turn they give to everyone. Then their kids and their spouses draw names and you are responsible for the name you are given. No cheating and giving a gift to everyone because that will make those that stuck to the name exchange feel bad. Then only if you want to or have the means to, you can do whatever you want for nieces and nephews. Sound ok? Let me know. I did the name draw already so tell me if it is ok, if you would rather not participate just let me know. Thanks!

Name - Person they are buying for

Russ - Gary
Aine - Rachael (Danny's) :)
Deonna - Aine
Josh - James
Rachel - Erin
James - Russ
Gary - Danny
Erin - PJ
Doug - Josh
PJ - Rachel
Danny - Doug
Rachael - Deonna

I hope this works, I know it would make it a little lighter on all our pocket books this Christmas, so let me know if it will work for you! By the way it was a totally random draw we picked names from a bowl! :)

6 comments:

PJ Bateman said...

Yeah that sounds good to us!!!

Pirate Princess said...

Russ says ok. :)

mom s. said...

This sounds like a good idea. I hope everyone will participate. It will be more fun....

PJ Bateman said...

I think we need to set a price limit for the gift though so it's a little bit more evened out. What do you guys think?

Josh said...

as long as doug buys me a wii i don't care what he spends!! :)

PJ Bateman said...

Nice try...I think we will buy one for ourselves before we would ever buy one for anyone else!!!!....But you would be more than welcome to come over and play it.